Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Ani 117A Gary Soto Garage Project

This project was based on the poem "The Inner Tube" by Gary Soto. The final assignment was to create two color renderings of the same environment with different lighting, and value paintings for those lighting situations and one additional, differently composed, medium shot. I used some of the objects that Gary described ridiculously well in his poem and some objects/environment aspects from my youth. The half built windmill which is the focal point in one of the value paintings is something I actually built for my mom when I was little, and the layout of the wider shot, top platform, cabinets and ice cooler, is from my dad's garage. These images are pretty much laid out in reverse chronological order. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. these are super awesome good job nick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I hope you will remember the little people when you are rich and famous.

    ReplyDelete